Oaks Childcare is registered with Ofsted and has been operating since October 2010. We have been recently inspected by ofsted and we were very happy to receive an outstanding report. We are a child minding service which provides full day care for children from three months old. We also offer after school and holiday care. We run our service in the ground floor of our home which is located close to central Croydon and well served by public transport links.
We will be registered to care for up to eight children two of which can be under the age of one year. The down stairs of our home is solely used for childcare purposes. We are open from seven thirty to six o'clock, Monday to Friday and one Saturday in three.
We will be following the current Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework which is a curriculum from birth to five. We work closely with you as parents/carers to ensure your children's needs are known. See curriculum plans and areas of learning for more information.
Our home provides ample space for eight children per day of which six can only be under the age of five. The EYFS recognizes the importance of children having access to the out door environment. We have a large secluded garden which allows children to free flow between the main room and the outside area. When planning for the out door play we ensure that all six areas of learning are covered. We offer our older children an exciting and stimulating environment with lots of interesting activities every opportunity to express their initial interest to enclude likes and dislikes.
We will always take effective action to create an inclusive environment where all children are valued. Our everyday play encourages the children to learn about their own culture, their local community and other cultures.
We have effective systems in place to ensure we always work in partnership with you as parents/carers. Oaks childcare inclusive ethos means we are keen to work with you to identify your child's individual needs, in order to provide appropriate care and resources.
We both hold childcare qualifications ranging form Diploma in Nursery nursing to a Foundation Degree in Early Childhood Studies. We have attended many courses and have a great deal of training to support our practice. Our extensive knowledge and training has enabled us to plan and effectively deliver the EYFS framework. We are continually building on our relevant qualifications.
We both hold the required pediatric first aid qualification and one of us holds the full first aid at work qualification. We both have had the nesseresary C.R.B checks along with any other person over the age of sixteen who may have contact with the children.
Our Policies and Procedures help to ensure that all regulations are met and the children in our care remain safe at all times. All of our Policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and accessible to you as parents/carers. You will be given a full set of policies before your child starts in our setting, which will be discussed with you in detail. We have risk assessments in place to promote health and safety within our setting
We have listed below a few web sites that you might find useful when looking for childcare, they are also helpful if you have any care issues with your current minder or nursery.
- Ofted are the regulators for childminders as well as for schools and Nurseries, they work closely with us to ensure our standards of care and education are high . You can contact them should you wish to make a complaint against someone or about a care setting.
- Professional association for childcare and early years (PACEY) is a charity and professional association. They suppport registered childminders offering both help to us and parents We have both attended NCMA training course to ensure high quality home-based childcare, play, learning and family support.
- National Children's Bureau. Founded in 1963, the National Children's Bureau (NCB) is a charitable organization that acts as an umbrella body for organizations working with children and young people in England & Northern Ireland. Through working in partnership, sharing knowledge, resources and services they have created a powerful, authoritative and influential voice to improve the lives of children and young people.
- Family space Croydon. This is another great website for finding childcare in your area, you can also find out about your local schools from this site and lots of other educational matters.
- Childminders Directory. has been designed for both Childminders and parents. the Site lists Registered Childminders who have vacancies, Childminding Services, Childcare places, Childminding advertisments, Ofsted inspection.
We are members of pre-school learning alliance.